Tostan is an international nonprofit organization currently working in six African countries and headquartered in Dakar, Senegal. Our vision is “Dignity for all.” Our mission is to empower African communities to bring about sustainable development and positive social transformation based on respect for human rights. Tostan’s core values include the following: communities first, learning and innovation, partnership and dialogue, passion and pride in our work, respect and humility toward others. Our organization is rapidly scaling its successful model across Africa. For more information, please visit: www.tostan.org.
This fellowship is sponsored by the Hilton Prize Coalition; it is expected to begin June 1, 2018 and close on August 31, 2018. Tostan would work with the ideal candidate to set up a time frame and work schedule that best suits deliverables being complete by September 2018.
Tostan has evolved over almost three decades through listening, learning and practicing in the field. The fellow will help build a system for organizational memory and knowledge management, with the goal of archiving 27 years of media, funding history and programmatic successes/failures in the field.
The fellow can be based worldwide, but should expect one trip to Dakar, the location of the Tostan International headquarters, to gather necessary information, interview staff and do what is needed to understand the system we will need to create. Again, we are open to the expertise of the ideal candidate guiding this scope of work.
- Work with existing data management systems to the greatest extent possible to develop a system of knowledge management for Tostan International that is editable and readily accessible to staff
- The system should be able to support 27+ years of curriculum materials, digital media files, success stories, as well as legal, financial, and other historical documents
- Advise on process for establishing digitized organizational memory, drawing on materials listed above as well as staff oral histories
Qualifications and Selection Criteria
- Strong attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- Archival and database management experience
- Fluency in English is required, French is also preferred
- BA/BS required, certification or advanced degree in Information or Knowledge Management is preferred
How to apply
Please send a CV and letter of motivation to email@example.com with the subject line “Knowledge Management Fellow.”