Organizing a fundraiser or event will allow you to be a catalyst for positive social change in your community. As you share your passion for human rights and community-led development, you can inspire others to support our work in West Africa and enable more communities to create their own successes.
Host an Event…
- Book Club: Read However Long the Night with your group and lead a discussion about our work, asking members to donate
- Organize a movie screening: Host a viewing of the Stories of Change films at your school or with your local group
- Dedicate your event to Tostan: Celebrate your birthday, wedding, or any other special event and promote positive social change in Africa by encouraging your guests to support Tostan in lieu of a gift
- Form a supporter group: Form a group at your school or in your area to raise awareness in your community about Tostan’s work
- Host an Online Fundraiser: Set up an online fundraising campaign for Tostan through a crowdfunding platform such as Indiegogo or Crowdrise. You can set a fundraising goal and deadline, create a fundraising team, and then easily share the page with your friends and families via email and social media
- Get creative! Check out our Outstanding Supporters blog series and see how others have found innovative ways to support Tostan in their communities.
“Our guests were really positive and supportive. It was great to give a gift that will keep on giving and that others can pass along in some way.”
Krista and Serge Badiane dedicated their wedding registry to Tostan