Awards & Recognition
- Molly Melching received–on behalf of Tostan–the Thomas J Dodd Prize in International Justice and Human Rights, along with President Bill Clinton.
- Molly Melching was awarded the Jury Special Prix in Individual Philanthropy from the BNP Paribas Foundation. The prize recognizes exceptional commitment to philanthropy, and specifically, an individual who works on the ground to implement an innovative philanthropic project.
- Molly Melching received the 2015 University of Illinois Humanitarian Award. This prestigious award is presented to graduates whose outstanding leadership and service have significantly enriched the lives of others and the welfare of humanity.
- Molly Melching was recognized in More Magazine’s 4th annual “Fierce List” of the 50 most inspirational women.
- Tostan’s website was awarded a Silver Award in the category of Public Service or Non-Profit in the 2014 Creativity International Awards.
- Tostan received 4-star Charity Navigator rating for the sixth consecutive year.
- Tostan’s website received the Silver Award in the Activism category of the 2013 Davey Awards.
- Tostan’s website received the IMA Best in Class for Associations/Nonprofit at the Interactive Media Awards.
- Tostan received a 4-star Charity Navigator rating for the fifth consecutive year.
- Molly Melching won ‘Women of Impact‘ Award at the 4th Annual Women in the World Summit.
- Tostan named one of the Top 100 Best NGOs for the second consecutive year by The Global Journal.
- Tostan received the Cécilia Attias Foundation for Women ‘Award in Action’ for improving health systems and maternal care.
- Tostan named one of the Top 100 Best NGOs by The Global Journal.
- Tostan received 4-star Charity Navigator rating for the fourth consecutive year.
- Tostan received 4-star Charity Navigator rating for the third consecutive year.
- Tostan received the Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship.
- Tostan received 4-star Charity Navigator rating for the second consecutive year.
- Nicholas Kristof and Sheryl WuDunn featured Tostan in a chapter of Half the Sky, a New York Times Bestseller.
- Tostan received 4-star Charity Navigator rating.
- Tostan earned the Conrad N. Hilton Humanitarian Prize for contributions to the alleviation of human suffering.
- Tostan was awarded the UNESCO King Sejong Literacy Prize for work in literacy and health education.
- Tostan received Sweden’s Anna Lindh Award for its work in human rights.
- Molly Melching was awarded the Sargent Shriver Distinguished Award for Humanitarian Service.